WNYLRC supports a wide range of advocacy and awareness activities. They include increasing awareness of library funding at the state level, promoting the value of libraries, promoting librarianship as a profession and librarians as experts, and elevating the roles of all people working in libraries in the Western New York region.
- Planning and holding events to raise awareness of all types of libraries and their funding issues.
- Encouraging and increasing member participation in local and statewide advocacy efforts such as local legislative visits and communication campaigns as well as NYLA Library Advocacy Day.
- Connecting libraries and library systems with existing professional groups and programming that can help promote the value and relevance of libraries.
- Articulating the relevance of libraries to funders, policy makers, media, and other outside organizations.
- Encouraging and supporting libraries and library systems to be reflective of and relevant to the communities they serve.
- Supporting the work of the Library Education, Advancement and Partnerships (LEAP) Committee, and other WNYLRC committees where relevant.