Scope: Build and maintain awareness and support of libraries, their programs, staff, and their value to regional stakeholders, partners, and communities.
Charge: To this end, we endeavor to do the following tasks:
- Serve as a regional resource for developing the capacity of libraries to be leaders in their communities.
- Empower communities to understand and advance library legislation, funding, and professional requirements that strengthen library services.
- Facilitate activities to educate stakeholders on the relevance of libraries to their communities.
- Organize efforts encouraging national, state, and local legislative support for libraries
- Connect libraries with partnerships and funding opportunities, both public and private.