Our Training Center is available for rent! If you are interested in renting our smoke-free center, contact our office or complete the application form. Space to hold small meetings is always available to our members providing there is nothing already scheduled. Please contact WNYLRC to reserve space for small meetings.
The WNYLRC Training Center is located at our offices, 4950 Genesee Street, Suite. 170 in Cheektowaga, NY 14225. We are just minutes from the Buffalo Niagara International Airport, Exit 51 of the New York State Thruway, and the Kensington Expressway (Route 33) to downtown Buffalo.
- The WNYLRC Training Center is located on the ground floor, making it physically accessible to people with disabilities.
- There is free and ample parking at the location.
- The WNYLRC Training Center is available during our normal business hours, 8:30am-4:30pm, Tuesday through Thursday. Any times requested outside normal business hours must obtain prior approval from WNYLRC.
- The space is available for full day (8:30am-4:30pm); half day (8:30am-noon or 1-4:30pm) and hourly use, as availability permits.
- Events can only be scheduled when one or more WNYLRC staff members are on-site.
- WNYLRC events receive priority in scheduling events.
- Standard items provided in the basic contract include: a room monitor, a large, 10’ screen, LED projector, presenter lectern with laptop connected to projector, room speaker system, and hi-speed Internet connection as well as tables and chairs for attendees.
- The WNYLRC Training Center can be configured to suit the needs of the Renter. The room has 17 tables in varying length. The room can accommodate up to 50 people depending on configuration. Includes on-site tech support.
- General supplies are available for an additional charge. Please ask for pricing.
- Fee structure: Training Center Room Rental
The Renter will be billed the balance, due on the date(s) of the event. Any additional expenses incurred during the event will be billed to the Renter. Cancellation notice is required a minimum of 14 days prior to the date of the scheduled event in order to receive full reimbursement of the deposit.
A 50% deposit of the total rental fee is required to secure a booking and must be submitted with a signed contract. The deposit may be retained in whole or in part by WNYLRC to cover any damages or other costs to WNYLRC incurred by the Renter’s use of the Training Center. Additionally:
Hourly Evening/ Weekends Please note: Governing/ Standard/
Patron Organizational Members
$0 $0 $0 TBD If the training provided by the member is geared to the public or individuals outside the membership library community, Not-for-Profit Non-Members pricing will apply. Personal Members $50 $25 $15 TBD Not-for-Profit Non-Members $200 $125 $40 TBD For-Profit Non-Members $500 $300 $100 TBD
- Guidelines for Acceptable Use
Use of the WNYLRC Training Center is intended solely for educational and training purposes of the Western New York Library Resources Council, its members and community organizations and businesses.
- Use of the WNYLRC Training Center is available at the discretion of WNYLRC and pursuant to the terms of any contract between WNYLRC and a Renting party.
- Uses of the WNYLRC Training Center for WNYLRC-sponsored meetings and events have priority.
- A signed contract and deposit fee must be received at least 3 weeks in advance of the date of intended use.
- WNYLRC is not responsible for any registration, publicity and promotion or other activities related to facilitating an event held at the WNYLRC Training Center that is not sponsored or co-sponsored by WNYLRC.
- All those who take part in any event at the WNYLRC Training Center must adhere to the following basic rules of conduct:
- No Smoking of any kind (tobacco or electronic)
- No consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs
- No disorderly conduct, including fighting, using offensive words, threats of violence, etc.
- No illegal behaviors of any kind
- No carrying of weapons onto the premises
- No selling, petitioning, soliciting
- No animals permitted on premises, except as are required by people with disabilities
- No damage, destruction or theft of property on premises or of another person’s property on site
- Persons whose actions violate these rules will be advised of their infraction(s). Failure to comply with these established rules and other use policies may result in suspension of the activity, removal of the person(s) committing the violations, notification of incident to local police authorities, loss of security deposit, or some combination of all these things.