CCDA stands for Coordinated Collection Development Aid. This New York State grant provides approximately $161,000 to fund collection development to 16 academic libraries in the Western New York region. (Buffalo State College, Canisius College, Daemen College, D'Youville College, Erie Community College, Genesee Community College, Hilbert College, Jamestown Community College, Medaille College, Niagara County Community College, Niagara University, St. Bonaventure University, State University College at Fredonia, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Trocaire College, and Villa Maria College).
Overall, New York State grants more than $1.5M for 183 academic libraries across the state. The purpose of CCDA is to enhance regional resource sharing by supporting academic libraries to build their collections in specific subject areas. The result is access to more recources and richer collections. .
The funds are allocated via a formula that adds a per-student amount to a base grant. The academic libraries fill out an annual application showing that their library budgets are being maintained at 95% of the average of the previous two years' budgets. This is called "maintenance of effort" and shows that they are not reducing their budgets because of the grant money they receive.
WNYLRC coordinates the distribution and collection of the applications, but the money is sent directly to the academic institutions. To view the NYSED Grants Finance Office to see reports: http://www.oms.nysed.gov/cafe/reports/
Libraries may access the application and instructions at https://collectconnect.baker-taylor.com/login.aspx
Please follow these steps:
- Need your institution’s username and password? Please contact Sheryl Knab and she will provide it to you.
- Next print out, sign and mail your FS-10 form to the State Library. Locate the FS-10 by clicking on the FS-10 link in the Survey Navigator on the left of the screen. Which reads "Click here to print form.” This will generate the FS-10. Contact information has been pre-filled from last year’s CCDA application. Please review the contact information and make corrections directly on the FS-10 form. Print three copies. All three copies must be signed in BLUE ink by the Library Director. Mail to:
Adriana Mastroianni, Education Program Assistant
Division of Library Development
New York State Library
10B41 Cultural Education Center
Albany, NY 12230
- Next, complete your application. Please read the questions carefully. Some questions will require you to put in a state note, specifically in 1.23 and 1.24. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE STATE. Please see next step.
- Email Sheryl Knab at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you have completed the application and she will review it for you. Once it is ready to submit, she will send you a PDF of the CCDA application to you and submit the application to the state on your behalf.
- The software is designed to generate an automatic edit check on Question 2.19 if the Maintenance of Effort requirement has not been met. A message will be triggered notifying the institution of the need to submit an online waiver. Please let Sheryl know if you need assistance on this.
- Please be aware that the dollar amounts pre-printed on the "FS-10s" are based on appropriated funds. The dollar figure on line 2.23 is the Ed Law Amount. The dollar figure on line 2.24 matches the actual appropriation amount on the FS-10.
All users will complete their applications using Baker & Taylor's CollectConnect software. Please update any bookmarks to the URL above. With enhanced features based on user feedback, the new version is more intuitive, is ADA-compliant, and is compatible with major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. CollectConnect is supported on both MAC and Windows operating systems.
If you need to resize a screen once you have opened the application, try using the F11 key. If you experience technical problems with the software, please contact Baker & Taylor Product Support at 1-866-785-9935. Product Support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 6:00PM EST. You may also contact Product Support by email: email@example.com.