1. Gain fundamental insights into how limited resources including people and funding can be managed for the best outcomes. Begin work on a management tool for your library.
2. Understand the roles of leaders and managers in your work environment. Learn usable strategies to influence performance and productivity for your library.
Target audience: Management and staff who have control or influence over how the library is operated. This can include any staff who have a budget to work within.
Part 1 (Steve Martin, SCORE mentor)
"Seven Core Aspects of Management"
• Understanding the seven resources you can actually manage
• Identifying effective strategies for good management
• Understanding how to empower your team to make a difference in your library
• Beginning use of a management tool
Part 2 (Greg Lindberg, Small Business Administration)
Leading vs. Managing your Organization
• Identifying the roles of Leaders and Managers
• Understanding the Leadership Challenge
• Learning how culture and climate impact employee productivity
• Becoming a 21st Century Leader
Steven Martin, Certified Mentor and Executive Committee Member of Buffalo Niagara SCORE, serving the eight counties of WNY. Steve has been engaged in leadership of the chapter for 5 years and has been a member of the National Advisory Council for 3 years. In addition, he has acted as lead mentor to a number of non-profit organizations in the region. Steve has 44 years of business experience. Past Chapter Chair FY 2013, 2014 & 2015 SCORE Association National Advisory Council FY 2014, 2015, 2016
Greg Lindberghas been an Economic Development Specialist with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) since 2012. He leads SBA’s education, training and outreach. Prior to his time at SBA he was the General Manager of a leadership, innovation and product development consulting firm working with companies like: GE, AT&T, PwC and Disney. He holds an undergraduate degree from the University at Buffalo in Finance and an MBA in Marketing from the University at Buffalo. Greg is a proud father, husband and Western New Yorker, who is committed to helping this region succeed.