The Upstate Health Sciences Library invites applications for an Electronic Resources Specialist. Reporting to the Deputy Director, this position will ensure that our students, faculty, health care providers, and community can readily access and use the web-based resources needed for high-quality education, research, and healthcare outcomes.
This job is for you if you enjoy:
- Collaboratively resolving problems
- Investigating mysteries
- Interacting with a variety of integrated technologies and systems
- Ample opportunities and support for professional growth and learning
- Working in an academic setting that values teaching, healthcare, and research
On the job you will:
- Perform first-tier troubleshooting of electronic resources access problems
- Reproduce issue and trace issues to failure point
- Use error messaging and end-user feedback to determine source of the problem
- Collaborate with colleagues, vendors, and campus IT personnel to restore access, referring complex issues to others as appropriate
- Support the department web site
- Assist with site maintenance Manage electronic resources holdings information, ensuring the accuracy of subscription data and resource linking
- Serve as administrative back up for the library management and discovery systems (Alma/Primo) and the OpenAthens authentication platform
- Coordinate the implementation of SUNY’s Library Accessibility Guidelines relative to electronic and information technology (EIT)
- Participate on the Library Assessment Committee to support data-driven decision making
- Provide basic technical support to Library staff as back up to Library Technology Specialist
- Collaborate with Library systems and resources teams on projects
- Contribute to the Library’s efforts to promote diversity and belonging at Upstate and in our communities
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in information science, computer science or related field) and 2 years of related IT experience required.
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Evidence of a strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in an academic and/or health sciences library.
- Experience working with Library electronic resources
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Summary of benefits (http://www.upstate.edu/hr/new_staff/benefits_payroll/uup_benefits.php)
Professional employee, eligible for permanent appointment
The option of working remotely may be available for this position.