Job Location:Buffalo, NY
Salary Range or Hourly Rate:$20.00/hr ; 20 hrs/wk
Please be aware this is a temporary part-time position to cover a maternity leave
- Master of Library Science degree or student enrolled in a graduate Library Science program
- Completed a Library Reference course or is currently enrolled
- Works cooperatively with students and staff
- Focused on Student Success
- Ability to troubleshoot basic computer problems
- Research and Internet searching skills
- Skills using a Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and academic software programs
- Experience working with an Integrated Library System (ILS) - preferred
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Provides reference services in person and online.
- Provides circulation and borrower services.
- Assist students with technology related questions including MS applications, printers and educational software used within the College – escalates complex questions to appropriate IT staff
- Knowledge of library catalogs, guides, academic databases, and other library materials
- Promote interest in the library as a college resource
To Apply: Please send the following to Shani Smith, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com
- cover letter outlining your relevant experience
- current resume
- contact information for at least three (3) professional references.