InfoPass Annual Participation Form
InfoPass - is a pass issued to serious, responsible users by their home library or institution who voluntarily participates in the service. It allows InfoPass holders to utilize or check-out resources from other libraries who also participate in the service. How the program works:
- Participating libraries complete the Annual Participation Form to declare their interest in the program and list a main contact.
- The main contact must have an account on the WNYLRC Website (www.wnylrc.org) in order to be assigned rights to distribute InfoPasses to their users.
- A participating library issues an InfoPass card to the user by completing an online form. The issuing library can determine the length of time the InfoPass is valid to the user anywhere from one day to one year.
- The user receives a paper InfoPass card with the valid dates. An electronic user record is filed on the InfoPass site.
- Participating libraries determine the extent of services to be rendered to InfoPass holders from outside their own user communities. Depending on the nature of the library and of the information materials sought, "access" may include borrowing privileges, on-site use of materials or consultation with a librarian.
For a complete list of participating libraries see: WNY Library InfoPass Access Guide.